BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Wasatch Falls

This is a very beautiful waterfall that I recently found on my own in Willard Canyon. I had hiked up to this canyon with my cousin Aaron and his girlfriend, katy from Willard. You can see two waterfalls from 1-15 and that would be Willard Falls. However, only one of the two has any water flowing in it at this time of year and its not too great. Its not bad but further inspection of the canyon needed to happen. Especially since the creek was flowing at a rapid pace. I had managed to climb on the rocks and walk through the fairly fast creek to find a few new waterfalls. Two of which are nice. However, this one was the best one. The trailhead is located in Willard, Utah and the hike up to when you get into the canyon is pretty difficult. Because you are hiking uphill most of the way and exposure to the hot sun and dangers include: rattlesnakes and ticks in the bushes. I was lucky not to confront that. It takes about 40 minutes to get to the shady part which is entering the mouth of the canyon. The creek is cold but not too cold. As long as you don't wade in it too long.

0 comments: